Friday, January 06, 2006

Return of the Son of "Brokeback Mountain."

Two addenda to my recent post in which I pointed out the sheer thoughtlessness of buying the audience-soaking movie tie-in version of "Brokeback Mountain" as a gift.

1. It turns out that, at $9.95 for thirty pages of story stretched out to fifty-five, the paperback movie tie-in version of "Brokeback Mountain" is not the worst value in the store. That distinction goes to the $19.95 hardcover standalone movie tie-in version of "Brokeback Mountain."

2. I looked up the sales figures, and we sold over two hundred copies of "Brokeback Mountain" during the month of December. I would bet money that the vast majority of those were purchased as gifts. I will say again: IF YOU BUY "BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN" FOR SOMEONE, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE1. Buy the goddamned collection for a whopping four extra dollars, cheapskate.

1 Unless it's one of those Secret Santa things where you're not supposed to spend more than ten dollars. Or you really don't care about the gift's recipient. I understand that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bored Housewife said...

It's quite depressing how many stupid people there are in just one city. While I enjoyed the story immensely, I wouldn't PAY for it. Unless it was, as your footnote allowed, part of a collection.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home